Sun Valley Potatoes was established in 1978 by August R. “Gus” Blase. In 1988, a group of local growers bought out Gus, and began doing business under the name Sun Valley Potatoes, Inc. For the past 30 years, Sun Valley Potatoes has made leaps and bounds in technology and overall production. The availability of year-round product has enabled Sun Valley Potatoes to ship over 4 billion pounds of potatoes to more than 1,030 locations in 45 states, Mexico and five Canadian provinces. And it’s only getting better!
The Sun Valley Brand Idaho Potatoes has been in use since 1952, and originally featured a skier jumping over a pile of potatoes. The brand was first registered to Mueller Harris Produce Company, and was later owned by T. Kuwana, Robert Weaver Potato Company, and finally transferred to A.R. “Gus” Blase.
In Memory of Coy McKenzie
Coy McKenzie was the heart and soul of the mission of Sun Valley Potatoes. Coy began work the day it opened in 1973 and worked until he passed away on May 25, 2001. Coy never missed a day! Coy will always be a part of the Sun Valley Potatoes family.